Nobody likes the same breakfast over and over again. Clearly I don’t.
While I love pancakes, let’s just admit it, the same nutella, banana pancake trend has kind of faded away.
So to make breakfasts great again and to kick-start your day with something yummy, I bring to you my Pinacolada Pancakes.
Well, in short, that’s how you serve breakfast in style.
- ½ Cup Gluten-Free Baking Mix (not pancake mix)(I used Pamela’s)
- 1/2 TSP Gluten-Free Baking Powder
- 1/4 TSP Salt
- 2 Tbsp Sour Cream
- 1 Egg
- 1/4 TSP Rum Extract
- 1/8 TSP Coconut Extract
- 2 TSP Coconut Oil
- 4 Tbsp Milk
- 2 Tbsp Chopped Frozen Pineapple
- 1 Tbsp unsweetened shredded coconut
- Whisk together the dry ingredients in a mixing bowl.
- Stir in the egg, extracts, oil and milk
- Fold in the pineapple and coconut.
- Cook on a greased griddle or frying pan as you would normal pancakes, about ¼ cup per pancake over medium heat, cooking for about 3-4 minutes per side.
The Story Behind It…..
I love pancakes. I mean I love, love, LOVE pancakes. However, I cannot eat the same, boring plain pancake over and over.
I must have variety, and from chocolate to granola, I will try it. This pina colada pancake was a definite hit. All of my pancake varieties are for both gluten and gluten-free eaters.
Simply take the add-ins and combine them with your favorite pancake mix or recipe and presto(!) you have your own personalized pancake delicacy.
I really like to make what I consider happy foods on dark, dreary, cold mornings. I think bringing the flavors of the tropics into theses pancakes does the trick just fine.
Who can be depressed when eating foods reminiscent of sunshine and beaches?